Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup...
Psalm 16:5

Friday, August 13, 2010

So Everyone Will Know Who I Love


When I first became a mom, school days seemed slightly more than an eternity away. I couldn't wrap my brain around the idea that my wee babe would one day make her own little way in her own little world, apart from me. And yet, here we find ourselves already two weeks into her Spanish immersed mornings con Maestra Sarah and seven other pint-sized Camas residents. We've loved hearing her share about all the goings on of preschool: schoolmates, art projects, stories, and of course, snacks.

Knowing Ella to be a thinking kind of kid who likes to be prepared for what her day will bring, we try to spend some time on the way over the hill imagining what the morning will look like. It was during one of these front-loading session last week that she announced, "I am going to pray before my snack at Spanish with Sarah today so everyone will know who I love."

True to form, Jesus met us in a rather unexpected place. Coming down Dallas, through the flashing yellow light, Ems chattering in the back, He used our four-year-old to remind us what we all should be about. Thanks, Ella, for wanting everyone to know who you love. I pray that I might live that way too.

"He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them."

Matthew 10: 14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment